These course offerings are intended to make theological education
accessible to a wider range of students and lay people than the regular programs
offered by the Montreal School of Theology.
A rich opportunity for those:
- seeking deeper understanding of Christian faith and spiritual enrichment; and/or
- wanting to pursue graduate theological education without earning a degree; and/or
- thinking about ordained ministry, but wanting to discern a call by trying some courses first.
These courses are given academic credit at the Masters (M. Div.) level:
Courses are offered evenings, weekends and other alternative schedules and modalities.
- Each course qualifies for three (3) credits.
- Credits may later be applied to the programs of any of the partner Colleges
of the Montreal School of Theology.
Course offering for winter 2014:
EMERGENCE CHRISTIANITY: THEOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES FROM THE QUEBEC CONTEXT
with Rev. Dr. Alyson Huntly.
Six live, on-line webinar sessions, 7:00 - 9:00 pm, on: January 29, February 5, February 12,
February 19, March 12, March 19, and March 26. For the webinars, students may participate via
Internet or in person. Three In-Class Sessions: (Friday 7:00 pm - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 am
- 3:30 pm) on January 24/25; February 28/March 1; and April 4/5.
Registration fee: $ 325.00.
For more information and registration, please contact any of the participating Colleges:
- Ms. Kathy Wiens, Administrative Assistant United
Theological College, 514-849-2042 ext.200.
Ms. Jeannette Vink,
Administrative Assistant Presbyterian College, 514-288-5256 ext. 205
- Ms. Beth Reed, Administrative Assistant Montreal Diocesan Theological
Course registration form to download.
Earlier courses offered:
- A History of Christianity: From Luther to Oduyoye - with Dr. Lucille Marr.
- Christian Theology II; Christ, The Spirit and The Church - with Dr. John Simons.
- Christian Ethics The real world of love, faith and friendship - with Rev. Dr. Roland De Vries
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible from Genesis to Malachi - with Rev. Dr. Gregory Davidson
- Introduction to the New Testament Jesus in text and proclamation - with Dr. Matthew Anderson
- History of Christianity From Jesus to Erasmus - with Dr. Lucille Marr
- Christian Theology I - with Rev. Dr. John Vissers and Rev. Dr. John Simons