These course offerings are intended to make theological education
accessible to a wider range of students and lay people than the regular programs
offered by the Montreal School of Theology.
A rich opportunity for those:
- seeking deeper understanding of Christian faith and spiritual enrichment; and/or
- wanting to pursue graduate theological education without earning a degree; and/or
- thinking about ordained ministry, but wanting to discern a call by trying some courses first.
These courses are given academic credit at the Masters (M. Div.) level:
Courses are offered evenings, weekends and other alternative schedules and modalities.
- Each course qualifies for three (3) credits.
- Credits may later be applied to the programs of any of the partner Colleges
of the Montreal School of Theology.
Course offering for winter 2013: A History of Christianity: From Luther to Oduyoye with Dr. Lucille Marr.
Earlier courses offered:
- Christian Ethics The real world of love, faith and friendship - with Rev. Dr. Roland De Vries
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible from Genesis to Malachi - with Rev. Dr. Gregory Davidson
- Introduction to the New Testament Jesus in text and proclamation - with Dr. Matthew Anderson
- History of Christianity From Jesus to Erasmus - with Dr. Lucille Marr
- Christian Theology I - with Rev. Dr. John Vissers and Rev. Dr. John Simons
For more information and admission, please contact any of the following:
- Rev. Angelika Piché, Director of Continuing and Lay Education United
Theological College, 514-849-2042 ext. 203.
Dr. Shuling Chen,
Director of Educational Programmes Presbyterian College, 514-288-5256 ext. 206
- Ms. Afra Tucker, Administrative Assistant Montreal Diocesan Theological